There is a wisteria which had been left to climb the front of the house, but had gone a bit mad and was going through the guttering! We decided that the best way to tackle it was to cut it right back to about 4 foot, and pray.
(you can just see the stump here, that standing twig to the left of the porch)
It eventually started to shoot, just as we were starting to think the worst, and once it had a leaf it was away. Dad came and put wires in for us, they have to be a certain distance apart to allow the flower heads room to hang, apparently.
We put the next two wires up at the weekend, as it was starting to grip onto telephone cables, and here it is now:
(most photos taken on my phone, excuse the quality!)