Friday, 22 January 2010
Sunday, 17 January 2010
Saturday, 16 January 2010
Thursday, 14 January 2010
the cricket pitch:
This is the main (read: ONLY) bridge over the river through town. See that log that has somehow achieved equilibrium on the pillar of the bridge? That was put there by those floods I mentioned a while back. Thats a road bridge by the way, and that log is probably about 8-10 foot long. but I'm no good at judging dimensions. Gives you some idea of the depth and force of the water in this river at times. I can't wait til all this snow melts, and it does this AGAIN.
then I became obsessed with seed pods and frosty Cow parsley:
Its all lovely in real life, I know the photo doesn't show it, do you have any idea how hard it is to light a photo at 8pm in the winter?! There's one more parcel to arrive from eBay, but its not lacy in any way so I think it can wait, it is coming from America too...
Wednesday, 13 January 2010
Sunday, 3 January 2010
first up, the stockings. note to self, if you're going to make bigger stockings to replace those which are too small, TAKE MEASUREMENTS. these turned out to be pretty much the same size as the originals, but appreciated none the less. the bigger red one on the left is the one auntie Mary made me in 1986.
Remember the Cath Kidston-esque sewing kit I wanted to make? well, I did it!
And because I just realised I never gave you a full sized picture of the ornament exchange decoration I made, here it is:
- all of us, going to the midnight mass at Hexham abbey, and walking past the park with the trees strung with giant squiggles of lights. (and singing descants in the mass because I just had to)
- Joking with auntie Mary (great aunt Mary if you please) about how she must be the queen because they've never been seen together, and with her cracker crown on it must be true.
- possibly the tiniest camera in the world, outside of James Bond...
- falling asleep within 20 minutes of lunch.
- seeing how much Mum had wanted the book I got her, and how much more surprised she was that it was signed for her!
All in all, a very lovely Christmas.