Friday, 27 November 2009
I was hopping through a few blogs this morning and I came across this photo. It was the suitcase that first got me (I really might have to do that!) and then I realised that the post was about the veil, because I was on the blog of the maker of the veil! For anyone who's thinking about wearing a veil, or wondering if you can wear one at all, have a look at this blog. I've only looked through two pages so far but theres been some great advice given out on there on practical ways to wear types of veils, and inspiration for different styles. And while you're at it, have a look at the rest of this gorgeous brides wedding here.
I hope you both don't mind me posting about you, but your wedding (Liz), and your veils (Melanie) are gorgeous! that last link will take you to one little doves etsy shop of veils and fascinators. enjoy!
Thursday, 26 November 2009
Sunday, 22 November 2009
These three are going to grace the tops of my jam pot favours hopefully, I bought the middle one ages ago, then the other two joinded it ast week. I like that they're all roses, but have other colours in them too.
Friday, 20 November 2009
Tuesday, 17 November 2009
She wrote a tutorial for how to make the veil, as she did with everything she made I think, which you can find on her own blog and I intend to follow when I get some russian veiling. I'm thinking I might put one of my Great Grannys lace flowers in the centre, maybe with some plummy ones around the edge...
Wednesday, 11 November 2009
then adorning brown paper packages tied up with string...
image: lobster and swan
you may remember my fondness of them, here, I think I'm going to have to break them out for christmas, with the typewriter perhaps!
by the way, I'd never looked at papermash before, but do! there are some gorgeous, things on there!
Tuesday, 10 November 2009
2. Where is your cell phone : in my pocket. always.
3. Your father: is hyperactive, and a perpetual child. also very practical.
4. Your mother: is tired from moving.
5. Your favorite food: oooh too difficult to pick one. I'm a sucker for a good pudding though...
6. Your dream from last night: don't think I had one.
7. Your favorite drink: orange juice.not squash, juice.
8. Your dream/goal: to make money from selling my textiles. actually, my dream right now should be to actually start making those textiles. one thing at a time!
9. What room are you in: the living room.
10. What is your hobby: ummm, not sure? my weaving isn't really a hobby...maybe currently, its making pompoms?!
11. What is your fear: I have a perpetual fear of falling down stairs, or tripping up in the street. apart from that, losing someone I love, including the cats, or the fear that I'll never do anything with my damned degree!
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: ummmm, married, hopefully have a child, or two ;) and at least the start of a business?
13. Where were you last night: at home, homemade pizza for dinner, and James listening to David Gray on repeat while I did christmas shopping online.
14. Something you are not: standing up for myself. I will argue a point in my head, but I go to pieces in person.
15. Muffins: are nice...
16. Wish list items: currently, navy blue tights that fit me, more dresses, a house elf to sort the bedroom, and a 25th hour in the day.
17. Where did you grow up: Helpston. near Peterborough.
18. Last thing you did: went to a farm shop just out of town, because theres a quilting shop there. spent a bit much on fabric I have no need of.
What are you wearing: teal stripe jumper and my howies jeans.
19. Your TV: Spooks :), bbc breakfast, and most things on Dave.
20. Your pets: 2 cats. Benny (named after the pope - don't ask - all black, clumsy but elegant), and Louis (we just liked the name, I pretend its de Bernieres, black with white paws and bib, small, disobedient and stupid)
22. Your life: is quite good really. seems all mapped out at the moment, which I don't mind, I like plans and lists.
23. Your mood:meh. I should be less meh, and more yay, I'm just not always good at being on my own.
24. Missing someone: my Grandpa, I wish he could have seen me through college and to get married. but I think he's watching still.
25. Vehicle: a hyundai atoz, the ones that look like postman pat vans. in fact I should sit louis on the parcel shelf and wear a blue cap. Its moved my house for me twice, without aid of a van, and gets me from A-B no problem, so I can't complain.
26. Something you're not wearing: earrings. it makes me feel underdressed not to have jewellery on, I'l have to go find some.
27. Your favorite store: for what?! I'm loving M&S at the mo, but I don't think their homewares are that great shakes. I love accessorize, I wear mostly Laura ashley because I get clothes for uniform (yes, I work there), I get my veg from the market, my meat from the butchers, my food from morrisons but I can't wait for the sainsburys to open, and I like independant shops for gifts and originality.
28. Your favorite color: oooh toughie. I'm wearing a lot of purple at the moment, but I love teal too. jewel shades really.
29. When's the last time you laughed: I think it was at bill bailey on bbc breakfast.
30. When's the last time you cried: I cry too much, but probably the last time was the night before my parents moved, when I realised Helpston wasn't home anymore.
31. Your best friend: is lovely :)
32. One place you go over and over: home, carlisle home. ma-in-laws house, because its about 2 minutes away, and the vets!
33. One person who emails me regularly: amazon!
Its from Brazil, and means your blog is super cute. which is just too sweet.
so Ill just pass this double bundle on to a few supercute people who I want to know more about!
I'd have passed it onto more of you but you all seem to have just had it! you know I think you're all super cute! anyway, enjoy...
Saturday, 7 November 2009
Friday, 6 November 2009
Tuesday, 3 November 2009
I'm going to try and pass this onto some of the newer blogs I've been enjoying, so...
For the easily distracted
I'm gonna marry you someday
My spare thoughts
Under lock and Key
Colour + Sound
I will make do and mend
phew! enjoy, all of you! you get to pass it onto 10 others, and post ten things about yourselves too.
And now for my ten things...
1)I love love love Christmas. hence why I'm spending my evenings making pompoms to drape across my fireplace come December. I find Christmas window displays quite inspiring, I really want some of the gigantic purple baubles in the NEXT Christmas windows to hang over my stairs. I could go on.
2)I love coffee, but don't get tea at all. I'm sorry, it tastes like dirty water. Don't hate me.
3)I'm just starting to like fish. I think it was the bones, and I don't like smoked flavours, but I've come round to salmon now, and fish pie/cakes. in fact, I'm starting to crave the stuff!
4)I'm just starting to learn how to wear heels. not big ones, but James bought me some lovely small-heel-tan-leather-mary-janes that I wanted recently, I'm training my feet by wearing them at work for increasing periods at work.
5)I collect images and samples of things I love in interiors/home decoration. We are moving next year (more on this to come but its a tricky subject to write about) so I keep images of things that I like and put them in a sketchbook so I don't forget what I like!
6)I'm really loving this blogging lark, everyone I've 'met' virtually on here has been wonderfully supportive and really inspire me. Thank you to everyone who comments on here, I love reading your reactions and opinions, and most of all your own blogs!
7)I would love to be able to knit, I know how to do the stitches, but I can't ever cast on neatly, and I have a tendency to forget my pattern of stitches halfway through so I end up pulling it all apart.
8)I'd also love to learn upholstery. That would be an amazing skill.
9)I'm really superdooper excited because I literally just a moment ago saw an advert for Spooks starting tomorrow on BBC! so so so excited!
10)Florence and the machine is permanently on my ipod at the moment. I really really love them, and I don't care who knows it :) I know some of the songs have slightly morbid ideas, but I don't care. I find her voice, and the music really uplifting. You can see me grinning my way across the bridge in Carlisle nearly every day because of Florence. that is, if any of you were mad enough to come here.
That was harder than I thought! over to you lot now...