Pages

Thursday 31 December 2009

Happy New Year!

image: notebookdoodles

Happy new year everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful time, wherever you were, and whoever you were with.

I'm not one for setting resolutions, certainly not publicly, I'd hate the disappointment if I didn't do something I really wanted to do. I've such a lot going on this year anyway which will change my life in many ways. My parents have just moved north, as you know, its strange but lovely to be within such close reach of them suddenly. I'm sure it will change our relationship this year, once they have settled in and we spend more time together. In 9 and a half months I get married (eeep!) and hopefully too this year, we will move into a more permanent and rather larger home together. So you see, I think this year will change me, as much as I should want to change myself. Of course there are things that I want to try and achieve, but I don't want to set a time frame on them. what do you plan for 2010?

4 comments:

  1. What an excellent way to approach the New Year. You're so right about a year changing you as much as you want to change things yourself...

    I've got a few career aspirations to work towards, and I want to get more involved with the animal welfare/wildlife stuff I'm passionate about. Like you, I don't want to be more specific than that... we'll have to wait and see I guess :)

    Happy 2010!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy 2010 :p it's so weird typing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspirational post.

    A great attitude you have, really like your blog :-)


    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your thought process on this. I too agree that by getting married in 3 1/2 months my life is going to change enough this year for sure! It's so exciting! I am not one for resolutions as I believe we should all always be wanting to better ourselves daily and should work on that every moment we can...not just try to list it all out at the beginning of each year :)

    ReplyDelete