- First off, and to start on a good note, we booked the suits. James went for a charcoal grey prince edward 3 piece, which is the one where the jackets sit just below the normal length for a suit jacket. He is very tall, as is my dad, and James brother in law, so anything longer would have looked stupid, plus within the realms of wedding attire, we didn't want any of them to feel too trussed up. We found a waistcoat that (colour wise) matches the ties we bought ages ago, and that looks ok with the suits, so that's done.5 men, 2 boys, and somehow we saved a buttload on the figure we budgeted months ago. I think a combination of going down a package with Greenwoods, James dad not wanting a suit, groom goes free if you have more than 5 men, and if you pay in full on the day of booking you get an extra 10% off meant that we spent about half our original figure.
- I've had my hair cut short. its no pixie crop, but its short for me, and I love it. I'd been thinking about it for a while, and everyone that I talked to about it said 'what about your wedding hair?'. I don't understand why having short hair poses a problem for my wedding? If I have short hair, and it suits me, that's my wedding hair! So hairbands are my new obsession, I still want to use the lace flowers if I can, so my best friend and I are looking for fabrics in appropriate colours to see if we can fashion one ourselves. the current inspirations/backup plans are :
- My friends shop opened, and I sold a scarf! I'm so chuffed, I can't believe that someone out there owns something I made! scary stuff. I have a real sense of understanding the idea of one door closing, another opening at the moment. While all this wonderful stuff has been happening, at work we've been told that our shop is closing down. Just ours, not the whole brand, but its very strange. I'm trying hard to find all the good in this, and a lot of the time I can see it (I'm well aware my situation at work is fortunate, although I can't really talk about it yet, this isn't a plea for sympathy post) but I've found the last week incredibly stressful and upsetting too. However, this week I go on a 3 day business course, I'm getting all these ideas for weaving, and places to sell said work, I find its like a path being slowly illuminated in front of me.
- I'm trying to have some sort of wedding project in mind at all times. I know that might sound crazy, but I have so many projects that I'd love to complete that I can see not happening (did I mention its 8 months today?! argh!) that I want to try and keep on top of them all. This week its been hairband/dylon dyes/music mainly, but darling best friend/bridesmaid wrote me a comprehensive list, complete with tick boxes which made me feel a little bit more in control again.
- I'm sure there was something else I was going to tell you all, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is, so I'll leave it there. Soon, hopefully, I should have some more time to spend with you, and my wedding, and I'm looking forward to it already!
Monday, 15 February 2010
I've not been here, for many reasons. I almost became so busy that i didn't have time to read your blogs, and comment on them. ALMOST. I have lots of things to put up here, but I'm not sure what to say. I've started this post about 4 times, and deleted it every time so far. lets hope this time is different.