Pages

Sunday 5 September 2010

playing catch up.

Hello my lovelies,

I'm sorry for being not so bloggy recently, things are getting rather hectic here at the moment. We now have a moving date for Wednesday (whoop!) so if I am silent around then, you know why, although we are taking over an existing phone line, so there shouldn't be (ha!) any of those problems with cancelling and setting up phone lines that you usually get. I spent my week off a few weeks ago with my parents helping me to move as much as possible into the spare room at the new house, and the stuff that is left to pack here is all either clothing and kitchen essentials, or those bits that you know you need, but have no home for. I hate this part, and the packing has slowed down which scares me somewhat, as its now Sunday morning, and I don't have a day off until the delivery men arrive. Ho hum, it will be fine. cross your fingers for me! I will try and take some photos of the house in its almost empty state, so that you can have before and afters.
In wedding news, I have a lot of appts coming up. Mum is coming across on Thursday, and we have hair trials booked, along with lovely bridesmaid, then we are going to try to get into the church to sort out the amended flower plans so that I can go to the florist and finalise that, then later the same day we have another appt to try on the toile of my jacket, and then we are going to take mum into boots to get her some makeup sorted. phew!long day! We are also going to the venue next Sunday to sort out the menu, and then the following Monday I am going to the florist to finalise everything with her. So that will give me something to post about soon, internet willing.
I also managed to crowbar in a crazy bad day of train travel sandwiched around a delightful blogger meet up in Edinburgh last weekend, where I convinced Gaynor, Zoe, R (who lets face it, already knew from our previous meet) and Dizzy Girl - the artist formerly known as Glasgow Bride - that I am in fact insane, and not to be met again. Who knew asking to smell someones chocolate tea isn't what you do within an hour of meeting?!
Disclaimer - I am in fact lovely. FACT.

Anyway.....
I've STILL not done the bridesmaids bags, although all the fabric is cut out now. I have however started on the cake topper, which looks like this:
But I'm going to have to take it apart and put it onto a yet again smaller polystyrene ball as the lace was all wider than I thought, and in its present state will hang over the side of the top tier of the cake. nearly there though. its been very easy to make, apart from making it the wrong size n' all...
I've also bought some disposable cameras (if you are in the UK boots have a BOGOF going) I bought boots cheapest own brand ones with a flash, £5 each, so in the offer I got 8 for £20, which will be more than ample. They will go out in the bar in the evening after our meal, when Anna leaves. My mum suggested that I actually think of a few people to give them to as well as leaving some around, which I might do.
I wanted to attach little labels to them (the bane of wedding blogs) and here are the finished ones so far:
they have 'be our photographer' on one side, with a corner of the doily stamp, and some kind of quote about photos on the other:
Some are funny, some are old classics. You may have seen me asking for these on twitter, so a massive thank you to R from sparethoughts who as usual, came up trumps with probably half of them (my favourite is madonnas one) and cakesandbunting for the half a sixpence one. BUT! I still have 3 more to fill, and I am stuck, so if you have any more ideas, please let me know!
Other than that, there isn't much to tell, it was T minus 6 weeks yesterday, so I'm starting to get a little tiny bit flappy now!!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely labels, and a lovely idea! good luck with all the appointments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those labels are amazing - what a great idea. No good quotes for you but I love the eudore one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE.
    Ernst Haas

    You know what a camera is? A mirror with memory.
    Author Unknown

    Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure.
    Tony Benn

    All from here : http://www.best-quotes-poems.com/photography-quotes.html

    FACT - you are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those tags! They are so cute! Hmm I may "lift" the idea! Where did you get the cute stamp from?

    Ax

    How about these?

    A good snapshot stops a moment from running away. ~Eudora Welty

    A photograph is memory in the raw. ~Carrie Latet

    Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure. ~Tony Benn

    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the tags! They're a brilliant idea... and now make sense of the photo quotes that were going on on twitter (yeah I'm a bit slow when I tweet sometimes!)

    Eh, what's a cake topper? (God I make for a terrible bride!) Is that like the little dudes that get plonked on the cake?

    And yes you are lovely... and mad in equal measure. (And I mean that as a compliment!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tags, I may also "borrow" the idea. Although we are giving ours to children and the quotes may be a bit wasted on them.

    Oh, and thanks again for the heads up on the bargainous cameras!

    You are lovely. Us having to go for cocktails after you left had nothing to do with the tea sniffing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, drinks to recover from me, love it!! imagine if i'd stayed! what would you have done?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zoe: cake topper, yes, dude you put on top of a cake, or in this cake a lacy hedgehog!

    thank you all for the quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love the luggage labels!

    ReplyDelete